Friday, November 13, 2009

Massaged Kale Salad















I just made my first "massaged" kale salad - a basic raw food preparation technique, for those of you who are new to raw foods. The aim is to wilt the kale leaves without destroying all of the nutrients by applying heat. So, the technique is to "massage" dressing into it and manually break down the hardiness of the leaves. It totally worked!

I followed a recipe from one of my new favorite sites, Raw on $10 a Day (Or Less!). It was a delicious recipe and it motivated me to juice some carrots.



Definitely try making a massaged kale salad. They're SO good and SO healthful.

3 comments:

  1. hi james, what a great blog you have here! ... glad you liked the kale recipe ... and the carrot fluff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your first kale salad! They are by far my favorite things, ever :)

    ReplyDelete